Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vampire Makeup: The Dark Shadows Victoria Winters


I've been always a fan of dark, mysterious gothic concept of Tim Burton's movies,
from The Nightmare Before Christmas to Alice in Wonderland.
He's a genius director and his creativity has no limitations.


He's known for making quirky movies and for collaborating with his bestfriend, 
Johnny Depp, musician David Elfman and his domestic partner Helena Bonham Carter.
I'm looking forward to see 3 of Tim Burton's new film.
The Dark Shadows, Frankenweenie and The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D.
3 movies for 2012!


I've been constantly telling my boyfriend that I really want to see the Dark Shadows.
Well at first he doesn't like it, but then, I had few conflicts at home,
had been in a bad mood and been constantly crying and not eating that weekend
and he seems to be so bothered and told me we're gonna see the last full show of that movie.
 Of course it made me happy!!!!!
My weekend, after having too much drama finally ended in a good way.
**It's because I told my mom I wanna work in Singapore with my 2 bestfriends.
 As soon as my plans started to get better
my mom backed out and told me to stay.**


The movie's good, not as fantastic as the Corpse Bride or Edward Scissorhands,
 but the twist and the story itself is fresh and unique.
 It's a famous opera now made into a movie.
Johnny Depp portrayed the role of Barnabas Collins,
who was born in Liverpool in 1700s, got cursed due to being a playboy,
became a vampire and imprisoned for almost 200 years inside his casket.


 The way he speaks using old English is quite funny and amusing.
I can't tell if he' already cursing or just giving his speech.
The movie's fun and I was laughing my heart out.
I learned how to say "kiss my ass" without saying it rudely.


  I posted in my personal social networking site that
I wanted to get Nyx's latest palette which is inspired from the movie itself.
 The next day my best friend gave me 3 lipsticks and shades that
are perfect for achieving a vampire look!! Now I don't want this palette anymore.
  
 Lippies are from Kirkland Borghese.  Shades are Ruby Red, Maple and Plum

The makeups used in the movie are really good.
 I always wanted to become a professional makeup artist,
but not for runways or fashion shows.
Instead, I want to work for special effects for films and movies.
I tried to search for makeup schools for it, but unfortunately
it's only available in America.


  

 I want to try Barnabas Collins' makeup to see if I can really do the same effects
but unfortunately it's not wearable and I will look like a freak walking around like this.
For the makeups used on him, I found out that this look is created by a makeup artist 
named Joel Harlow and it involves paling the skin, creating and applying a prosthetic bridge 
to the nose, pointed ear pieces, hollowing the eyes, vampire teeth,
 creating a wig with odd strands for a fringe and creating false nails and longer fingers.
 This is such a big accomplishment for an artist.
Makeup can change everything. I can even make myself look sick or healthy if I want to.

 

Spoiler Alert: At the end of the movie Victoria Winters did the same thing
that Barnabas Collins' ex-girlfriend did. Since they are cursed, she jumped off
the same cliff where Barnabas and his ex jumped 2 centuries ago.
This time, Victoria lived but she turned into a vampire.
  I fell in love with her vampire makeup look.
Pale skin, dark hollow eyes, dark cyanotic lips.


I think my take for Victoria's makeup is kinda fail.
Mine's wearable and not dark enough, no major cheek contouring and
hollowing of eyes coz I wore it and walked around the office looking like this. ^^
I even scare my student Bloom through my video class with her.^^
You can also say that it's more on Bella Cullen look..
At least it's still vampy. :)


Products Used:

Face

Nyx HD Primer
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in 200 Nude
Clinique Dermawhite Spot Concealer
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation in CO2 Rose White
Origins Maquillage Compact in Sesame 02

Brows
Elf Eyebrow Kit in Dark Brown
 mixed with
Costco Black Mineral Eyeshadow in Truffle

Eyes
Sugar Skull Cosmetics 88 earth palette
Victoria's Secret Eyeshadow Quad in Sultry
dabbed Kirkland Borhese Lipstick in Rare Ruby
Costco Black Mineral Eyeshadow in Truffle
Costco Dark Brown Eyeshadow in Velvet
Etude House Code B Gel Eyeliner in Strong Black
Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara
Christian Dior Eyeliner in Noir/Black

Cheeks
heavily countoured with a taupe eyeshadow

Lips
Kirkland Borhese Lipliner in Rare Ruby
Kirkland Borhese Lipstick in Rare Ruby mixed with
Kirkland Borhese Lipstick in Maple

If I will add a photo effect like decreasing the temperature and
make it cooler just like what you see from any vampy movies and series,
it will turn out to be like this:

 

According to Psychology, if a person is into anything dark and gothic,
admires withered trees and moonlight,
he or she is most likely suffering from sadness or depression.


I'm not in denial coz most of the time I'm happy, I'm loud and noisy,
but whenever I see something like withered trees on Tumblr
I feel really calm and I'm astonished.
I really want to experience autumn to see how beautiful falling leaves are,
 and I really admire the beauty of moonlight. 
Once, my aunt and I have tried what we call as "moon bathing"
and it's such an awesome experience.
It happened right after an eclipse in 2004 and we brought our blankets outside.
 They don't have much neighbors that time, and you will just see trees and streets.
It's so bright and everything around you is bluish and peaceful.


Enough for this depressing dark story!!!
 We gotta support two 3D movies from Burton this October!
I'm soooo looking forward to it and I want my younger cousins to see
it as well. My boyfriend's been a fan of Jack Skellington since he was little.
I'm gonna take him out for a treat.

Another remake of Tim Burton's 1984 short film,
a dog that comes alive named Frankenweenie.


Soon I will also try a wearable version of Emily's look in Corpse Bride.
Blue Eyeshadow, eye contouring, pink lips.
Again, it's gonna be wearable coz it's going to be "inspired look" only.




No comments:

Post a Comment